Pros to using your Membership Software:
- No copy/pasting of names/emails between platforms
- Improved filtering/targeting of messages with more membership data
- Doesn’t screw up recipient opt out preferences
- Allows for easier maintenance of emails and lists
- 1 Less subscription to pay for
- More comprehensive profiles in membership software. See event attendance next to donations, email readership, and more.
Now the Cons:
- Most nonprofit software doesn’t care about doing email well
- The email campaign tools can be a bit wonky.
- Marketing volunteers may not know/use your membership software.
- If you don’t have membership software… kind of a nonstarter.