Jeremy Harrison, the owner of an Ohio marketing & web design agency, offers eight tips for effective church advertising. Following these tips will result in a marketing process that most churches haven’t followed. Let me summarize his suggestions.
- Identify groups of people in your community based on their passions.
- Select a few target groups that overlap with people that already attend your church.
- This step is hard but is key to the success of your advertising. Work with the people who already attend your church to determine what the major problems or fears are that the target group people face.
- Develop practical biblical teachings that address the problems.
- Find additional resources through scripture and Christian authors that help resolve the problems.
- Design advertising that speaks to people on an emotional level.
- Create “baby steps” that people can take before they even enter your church. This will help gain trust and prove that you are a credible source of information.
- Make your advertising targeted. Jeremy has some good suggestions on how to do this.
Photo Credit: Nadia